Designing a custom acrylic display case can seem overwhelming, especially if this is your first time. By using the following guidelines, you will be well on your way to designing your next display.
CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENT
– This is one of the most important elements in designing a custom acrylic display case.
- Some retail environments require that your display matches their interior design.
- If your display is going to be geared towards children, then you may want to consider incorporating bright colors or maybe using a more break-resistant material, such as PETG.
- How much space is the retailer going to allow you to consume? Will you be occupying prime space such as on the cash register counters, on the perimeter walls, inline on a shelf, or somewhere in the middle of the store? Each of these areas have maximum space allocated, so it is very important to make sure how much width, depth, and height your custom display is allowed to occupy.
– Once you have answered the questions above, you need to look at how your custom acrylic display case will function within that environment.
- Is security an issue? It is a fact that consumers need to touch and experience some items prior to their purchase. We can incorporate tethers, which enable the consumers to pick up and experience the product without the ability to walk off with the product, or at least discourage them. Polyfab can also partially encase an item such as a tablet so that the consumer can actually use the product but is unable to remove it from its location. Protective covers can be bolted right down to a counter to secure items that do not need handling.
- Another factor to consider is how the product is going to be removed from the display case. Bakery cases can have either front access for the consumer to remove the products, rear access so that only the retail associate can remove the products, or both. Jewelry cases can be locked, so only the retail associate has access, while others might be open directly to the consumer. Does your case need to be gravity fed so that only one product can be removed at a time?
- Ease of restocking the display case is essential. Removable shelves, built-in racks, and storage can all be incorporated into the display if necessary.
- Depending on where your custom acrylic case is being displayed, should it be stationary, rotating, accessed from one side or both sides, need a mirror?
– The next step is to determine how your product will stand out from the rest within its environment. When a consumer walks into a store, their eyes scan to find a product they already know they want, or they are scanning to see what they might want to try. To help them select your product, we have several ideas for you to consider.
- Headers are perfect for custom acrylic display cases sitting on a counter or in open spaces. A header can be your logo cut out and permanently attached to the top of the display. Or, maybe you would like to change out graphics to promote specials or holidays. This can be accomplished by either using a sign holder mounted on the display, or a sign channel can be mounted on top for thicker stock signage.
- Logos and product information can be screen-printed or digitally printed on displays on medium to large production runs. Not only does this help to find and inform your customer, but it also prevents other products being merchandised in the display you purchased!
- Smaller production runs can use vinyl graphics for advertising.
- Light it up! Depending on your budget and the environment, you may want to consider incorporating LED lights.
– The majority of custom acrylic display cases are constructed from clear Acrylic, also known as Plexi, Plexiglas®, Lucite®, ACRYLITE®, Perspex®, or just plain plastic. There are lots of colors and patterns now available to choose from, but remember that they will increase your cost and can incur higher minimum production runs. If your case is in a rugged environment, going to be handled a lot, or is around children, you might want to consider a more break-resistant material such as PETG, ABS, Sintra, or Polycarbonate. Our designers will be able to help you select the right material for your case.
– The most important factor here is to be realistic. Let’s face it – who doesn’t want a custom-designed, top of the line display made from the most revolutionary plastic with a wow factor guaranteed to get not only the customer’s attention to your product but almost guarantees a purchase. And, on top of that, the custom point-of-purchase display will have an amazing shelf life and remain in style for years to come, all for the price of a few good cups of coffee? While Polyfab Display Company is not a miracle worker, we can help you keep on budget with a custom-designed display. If you need help, we can even help you determine how many of your products should be displayed in your case to recoup your ROI.
Applying the above tips will help you know how to design a custom acrylic display case.
Do you have an idea of what you want now? Then do not delay. Pick up the phone and give Polyfab Display Company a call at 703-497-4577, and we will help you with the next steps.
Alternatively, you can request a quote using the button below.